- To be compliant with the taxation laws of geographies in which we operate.
- To maintain integrity in compliance and reporting.
- Partnering with businesses to provide appropriate tax advice on implications of business decisions.
- To develop a risk-based framework on tax strategy & planning that is integrated with business strategy and enterprise decisions.
- Comply with all relevant laws, rules, regulations, reporting and disclosure requirements, in geographies in which we operate.
- Apply professional diligence and care in managing risks associated with tax matters on the basis of appropriate research and well-reasoned conclusions.
- Diligent professional care and judgement will be employed to assess tax risks. Where there is uncertainty as to the application or interpretation of tax law, appropriate written advice evidencing the facts, risks and conclusions will be taken from professional advisors/experts/counsels to support the decision-making process.
- Follow risk assessment process to review periodically, positions taken; with respect to evolving jurisprudence and the likely impact on Financial Statements in the event of adverse case decisions or change in law, etc.
- Maintain proper documentation and take steps to store the same electronically for easy retrieval and permanent preservation.
- Foster constructive, professional and transparent relationships with tax authorities and government bodies, based on the concept of integrity, collaboration and mutual trust. All dealings with the tax authorities and other relevant bodies will be conducted in a collaborative, courteous, timely manner and in compliance with the Tata Code of Conduct.
- Shape tax legislation through effective advocacy on industry-wide issues by leveraging membership in industry associations and interacting with subject matter experts.